Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Not a bad day- rather productive

Hmm

This week is definately looking better...emotionally that is. No crying fits, no bouts of anger. So far not bad. Spent most of today looking for apartments, doing my research and all that crap. And I realised through it all, he (the Hubby) is right, I am a control freak. "Hi, I am Jane and I am anal retentive and proud of it!"

So I am searching for an apartment, sure I know I have a couple of months to go but it never hurts to be ready and have all your ducks in order.So today I decided to approach this "project" systemetically.

Goals

1. Narrow down search to viewing 3 apartment ( I hate to waste time, so I refuse to view places that arent worth my $3.21 per gallon of gas to get there)

2. Only two will be allowed to run my credit ( I get annoyed @ the credit thing, cause everytime some nosey somebody wants something, its "your SS# and date of birth please", and since I am trying to keep my score as high as it could possibly be, I guard it like a Marine assigned to Forth Knox)

3. All apartments are to be checked out by apartmentratings.com (P.S. there are some very pissed off tenants in the U.S., but a great website when you can find the apartment you are looking for, inside information is always welcomed)

Then I further broke down my choices based on 3 Criterias, I call them A, B, & C ( yes I know by now, you are going "Oh My Goodness! You are nuts, its cute, but crazy"

Criteria A- was based on location , apt must be less than 20 minutes away from future job site. (Living in NY and taking an 1.5 hr subway and train rides to your work or school can really weigh you down, I have had enough..its 20 minutes or less or nothing at all!!!)

Criteria B- Based on Pricing, which is self explanatory.

Criteria C- Based on layout of floor plan ( do I like it or not), amenities, overall surroundings and all that.

And I am happy to report I have narrowed it down to 4! Sure its not 3, but I didnt say I cant be flexible, plus the 4th is my "dream apartment, which basically means I can only dream I can afford this sh*t".

Anyway thats it for the day, atleast for now. Have to run to my final review class and then I am officially free!!!

P.S. Thank you Jen for your words of encouragement *smiles*

And now I am off!

No comments: