I am ruminaging through some old journals and I came across the one that started it all ...the "Red Journal"..mainly cause as the name suggested it was the color red, and I was going through my red phase (and many people will still say I am still experiencing it), my love for red shoes, bags, and my infamous red dress and jacket.
Anywho.... I was going through old journals and I found this list I made (yes I have a love for lists, like an OCD patient with a love for counting).
Its my list of things, people and places that makes me happy
1. Reading ( I am one of those people who rake up fines @ the library , right now owe them 23 bucks, I am going to pay them just not right away)
2. visiting Museums with good company
3. Travelling with good company
4. Long train rides with "no where in particular" as my destination
5. Music
6. Brooklyn Heights Promanade
7. Reading @ Prospect Park on a summer day
8. Eating fishcakes @ Sugar Cane (one of the best darn caribbean restuarants in Brooklyn)
9. Talking to my girls about every thing under the sun
10. Taking afternoon naps with my Love (4pm is out knock out time)
My reason for bringing up this list was to ask you all to name ten things,people or places that make you happy and try to enjoy them as often as you can. Revisit your happy place. Or like Susan Johnson said in "Hot Pink" ..."I am the rat and you're the sugar pellet and I am going to keep pushing that feel-good button until I drop." So over indulge on the happy drugs (no I am not urging u to do extacy people!). Just evaluate what makes you happy and enjoy them.
1 comment:
Hmmm my tired brain will have to do some thinking on this, not really, just don't have the time at this moment. lol I also like the color of red, didn't use to but sure do now. Glad that you are thinking of happy things. I focus on thinking positive most of the time. Change your thoughts... and you change everything. I can either be happy or miserable... depends on how much I allow others to control my feelings. I live in Kansas so I like cowboy boots with heels, leather, pony print, Indian designs, horses plus I have 2 miniture ones, wolves (art), German Shepherds (have 3), and love fringe on clothing! lol Hey! Have a great Friday and hope you don't get 8 inches of snow like Kansas got today. :-) Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment