First off I want to thank Janie for her input and kind words. Its most welcomed. Also I am keeping an eye on your blog as well. *smiles*
Well today I had a plan, take my father to replace his Benefit card. Now I have been through this before, so i anticipated a hectic, long day. Well boy was I wrong, I am happy to report I left the house at 9am and have made it home @ 1pm, and had time for lunch and play. Nice huh?!
The traffic in NY is always a b*tch but today it was filled with A-holes and inconsiderate SOBs but I held in my rage and didnt flip anyone the bird today. However my father did mention my F-Bombs were not nice *shrugs* It slipped out and that truck driver deserved it. I noticed that I've been cursing alot lately (note to self, put away my 2PAC and DMX for a while)
Nevertheless we spent less than an hour @ the Benefits office which is a record in my book and was back on the road. I couldnt contain my glee. Anyway so my dad wanted to visit some friend in Queens, which is fine, but travelling is difficult for daddy and it was raining and windy so I compromised and promised I will be his chaffeur Saturday with no "back talk".And if you know me, I am always full of "back talk". But I know how lonely he gets at times since all his friends (the little he has left since the accident) are back home in Trinidad.To make up I decided we should check out the senior center near our home (another item we have been procastinating on).He was so happy and excited about all the activities they have there. Bingos, dancing, cards and food for $1. Also all the women thinking he is the best hting since slice bread, (Apparently the women out number the men @ the center 4:1, so testerone is always a hot commodity)
I think boredom is one of the worst things about growing old and being retired, especially when you have phsycial disability. Travelling is a B, some of your friends may not be retired or have moved away, everyone else is working or is busy during the day. I hope he makes lots of friends. Its one thing my dad is, its friendly.And since its right up the block shouldnt be a issue. Plus it will get him off the darn tv. And they loved him, to them he was like a gold mine, "male and young". I think he will have lots of fun there.
I also asked about volunteering. Its been a while since I taught jewerly making, it always used to calm me, a break away from the usual. Sure I can probably do the blood pressure thing, and help out the nurse there. But I dont want to. I need to develop my skills and regain that happy go lucky person I seem to misplaced as of late.
Over all been a good day. I feel "light".*smiles*
2 comments:
Well you might know the battery is going dead on my computer! lol Will at least get to comment on one of your entries! lol As long as I don't say too much! lol I have also had to deal with a step-dad when my mom passed away 12-27-05 Really tiring. Glad you had control the traffic! :) I suggested the senior center & my step dad went there about 3 times! :( I was in NY years ago & can not imagine what the traffic is like now!! lol Glad the day was much better for you. Blessings, Janie
Janie traffic is exactly how you left it years ago....HELL!
And although my mother often does a few Hail Mary's before entering the car (FYI we are not Catholic) and insists on sisting in the back seat. She still prefers me to battle the traffic than she take the wheel and save me the aggravation of her "back seat driving". "Turn left, go to the right lane, dont think you are going too fast, breathe...dont breathe..." *rolls eyes @ me imitating my mother*
I realise that NY makes you that type of driver. The angry, aggressive, flip you the bird @ the drop of a hat, blinds you with my beams when you cut me off type of a driver. Sad but true. So hence my love for trains and buses. Its like having my own $2 a ride chaffeur in a limo I share with 5 other million people (if I close my eyes and play my mp3 player real loud they r not even there).LMAO
Post a Comment