Thursday, August 13, 2009

Making Strides

So remember when I said this year I will be making steps to advance my career...outside of going to school ofcourse. Well today I did it...step one.. participated on a committee..(which truthfully consisted of me and another person) to devise a checksheet that all of the nurses on the floor can use...the goal : to minimize missed orders and errors and get the Docs off our backs.
The reason I even signed up for the darn thing was because I was tired of hearing "this wasnt done, what are u nurses thinking"..however the blame shouldnt all be placed on us, we carry out orders, and if the Attending and the Residents are not communicating and are contradicting the other..what are we to do. Anyway the point was I got tired of it, and I jumped at the chance to help devise this thing from an orthopedic nurse standpoint. Surprisingly it went well today and we have an actually product we want to shop around to the other nurses and get their opinion. I am very proud of myself.
I also signed up for a couple of nursing journals.Maybe reading about the strides others are making in other parts of the world would inspire me to do more...maybe...just maybe.

Today Knox and I visited a Boarding House. I was checking out the place inanticipation of him staying there while I was in Memphis. So far it doesnt look too bad...I plan on doing a little more digging and hearing from customers before I decided. I also took him to his first doggy park. I have to admit..I was a bit weary. The kid is 2.4lbs. An ittybitty ball of energy, who can get stepped on if you dont tread carefully. Well he loved it. He is definately dog and people friendly.

Our trip to ATL was great also. Surprisingly he was very quiet and manageable. And his potty training is going well. But I am still going sign up for the Puppy Training classes from Pet Smart.

Hubby called a couple of times..and both times after I hung up the phone I was literally skipping down the street. I miss him alot and it feels so good to hear his voice. I was looking up tickets to Germany....I would love to go..but I know I will have to work some serious overtime to afford the vacation I want. But I will do it. I have a plan, particpate in all the workshops, continuing education classes and precept my ass off at work on top of my regular schedule. I know it will be a wear on me working fulltime, school full time and Knox but I think I can do it.

I do have a revelation though...Having Knox have kept me from being lonely. I am so tired and busy caring and playing with him that the day passes fast and I am too beat to lay awake at night thinking of how much I miss hubby. Atleast not too long though.
Anyway I am off to finish clean this place up.

No comments: