So I have finally bought a dinning room table...lol..chairs not included. Thats next month's purchase. But I got a great deal on a dark wood Parsons dinning table from Kmart. And I am happy to report I also purchased my side tables..all within my budget.
I decided to start working on my Masters Degree...I am trying online classes...its all new to me and ofcourse I was weary as to how online courses would look on my resume. But my brother brought up a good point, I already have one of the top accredited schools in the country on my resume..this will be fine. I was hoping though the classes would have been on a campus...mainly to open up my social life. Which is sadly tanking every week. Maybe I should ask a couple of the girls from my job to go out..but truthfully I dont know. I realised that all if not most of my friendships have been with more "friendlier outspoken" people than myself. Not saying I am not outspoken..its the natually friendly part that I have trouble with. Sure I smile and say hellos and ask the appropiate how are you doing questions..but I dont go beyond that. I dont put myself out there and give out my phone number and say "you wanna go out Saturday"...I just dont. Yet I expect to be accompanied to these events. Hence I was uber excited at the prospect of starting school again. Meeting new people. Ah well.....que sera sera. *shrugs*
Anyway I am off to work...Although I am loving the pace of night shift, its has turned my sleeping habits upside down. I roam Walmart @ 2am and get up @ 3 pm now.
1 comment:
Your hours might fit well with me. lmbo I am a night person! I have tried to change my habits since hubby has retired... hmmm... just been a night person so long it is really hard to change! lol Glad that you got your dinning room table and side tables. I think chairs are the main thing. Tables seem to last longer than the chairs. Two of my chairs did not come with the table but they matched the other 4 really well. Looked like a matching set. A very good choice to work on your Masters Degree. That more than likely will help you be on days. My neighbor got her Master Degree (I suggested that instead of leaving her husband lmbo!) and she took my advice and ended up working at the college teaching. She was a registered nurse before the degree. lol Now she don't want to leave her husband!! hehehe She had 14 yr. old son and 16 yr. old daughter. I told her to use her husband for a couple of years. lol Working nights her son might run the streets and her daughter might have boys come to the house; while she worked nights. Both really too big for a baby sitter. lol Both of her kids have gone to college. We have been neighbors for 27 years. Hope you find a friend that has something in common with you. Have a great weekend. Janie
Post a Comment