Wow its been a while since I have done an entry. But its been a busy few weeks, getting the last preparations for the move ready...running errands and just making sure I dont forget anything.
I am in love with my new apt. It was better than I thought....Its two floors, first floor..small living room with a fire place, kitchen with enough room for a dinning table and a connection to a small porch...and half a bath. Second floor is the one bedroom with a window that just screams look at me...and this was the big selling point...enough closet space to hold all my stuff twice over. I am loving it. Then there is a separate room with washer and dryer connection but I doubt I will purchase one, and my plan is to turn that little place into an office.
I also went to check out a few cars in the area...and as much as I want to buy a car now...its just I dont want to make a mistake and put myself into a financial bind later on. I want my first pay check to come through. But I know I will need a car now. *sighs* so many things to think about.
Hubby and I are doing great. He makes me crack up so much. We currently have a running bet....he is to read a bunch of books from his library by August 31st and I am to customize a closet by then also. Our bet is who can finish first. I do believe I will win. Ofcourse he thinks otherwise and also I wont be able to start until August 1st on my closet...unlike him I refuse to take 10 yrs to finish it. I have been dreaming about doing something like this for years...and this is just the motivation I need.
I showed my brother around Chattanooga a little...he loved the area...ofcourse he was a NY hater from get go but thats another story. He likes the quietness of it and the convenience of downtown. But mainly he liked the family atmosphere and no traffic. I am glad he likes it and is looking forward to visiting another time.
I cant wait for my girls to come , as well as my family. I know my mother will love the place and knowing my friendly-ass father...he will too. Lately its been hot as Hades and although I want to go downtown and frolick...the sun is draining the frolicking spirit of me and I may stay indoors until the sun goes down a fraction.
But so far its been 2 days in Chattanooga and I am doing alright...smiles*
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like you have a really nice place. 10 years lol Know what you mean about the sun.. it gets very hot in Kansas. One thing about Kansas.. the wind blows so it can dry some of the sweat off a person!! lol Glad that things are going good and wishing you some fun times. God Bless, Janie
Post a Comment