Sunday, June 8, 2008

Being Productive

I have been trying to write a journal entry for days

I have been very productive lately..or have I ? Cause I realised I have been expending all this energy on one project and I am yet to have it completed. The Moving date is coming closer and closer and my excitement is mounting.Things are slowly falling into place.

On Friday was my father's bday...for a present I took him to a nail salon...to get a mani & pedi. My hubby bulked at the idea at first, but my own father was excited. My father has a thing for Asian women...he likes them..according to him they have the best legs. Anyway dont ask me how I know this but it was a big joke between my parents back in the day. So on our way to the salon I told him...you finally get your wish to be touched by an Asian woman. LOL. His face lit up , he was excited. I just laughed. However on this occassion it was one of the rare times the salon was so busy that one of the male workers had to do his feet. He was a little disappointed but he hid it well. lol

I think he was just excited that he was finally going to get his toe nails cut, especially since they have grown wild and mom and I were not offering up our services. So I opted to get him professional help. PLus he needed it. His feet made Bobby Brown's looked cared for.

So the plan tonight is to sort through some clothes and slowly start packing. Anyway this is my , I am still alive entry for all you out there.

I also just peaked at the calender, next Sunday is father's day....and oddly this may be the first father's day that my brother will be here. He has his daughter's dance recital the previous day, hence he is in town. And now I am going "sh*t another present to buy". Darn holidays!

And its that time of the year for me to send out my annual Birthday list. Every year I send an email to my closest friends, a list of  presents I want for my Brithday and Christmas and where to get them. Ofcourse to some people this may seem boldface, and ridiculous. But with me its just another day in the Life of Black Jane Doe...so my people are used to my crap. Some ignore it, some curse me out, some say thank goodness cause I am not in the mood to rack my brain to figure out what you want. And if you are like my Hubby who tells me every yr...yes every yr...that I take the surprise out of presents. And yet I do it every year. And this year wont be different ... I have new ideas...charms for my bracelet. Iknow I have more ideas but I cant recall them all. And luckily for my dear friends I will be intown for my birthday...I know they are excited about that. I can see "S" reading this and saying "ohhh the excitement!" lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My poor husband does not know what to buy me.  Usually I tell him I don't want anything... would rather get nothing as something I did not want or like. lol So he just gives me money. lol Most of the time he gives me roses for Mother's Day, Anniversary and etc.  Flowers are nice... but they die!! lol  I try to act excited about them. lmbo !! lol Oh well... guess it is the thought that counts.  Hope you have a great week.  God Bless, Janie