Sunday, June 14, 2009

Been a while

Yes its been a long time since I signed on to the blogger website. Its not that I dont have a lot to tell...oh I do..just been telling it in person to everyone else.

Lets see....
Still in school (online) ...still annoys me to write a paper every month. However I am thinking about retirement...yes I know you must be thinking..what the hell, she's not even 30. But I tell you some of these patients are going to pop my back out....I know it, hubby knows it, and I can sense it coming..so I refuse to be that 65 year old nurse at the bedside trying to lift up that 88 yr old 214lbs woman who decides to drop all her weight on me while attempting to get her into bed (yes it happened to me last week and I swear it still hurts when I breathe)
So, No! that wont be me...so my back up plan is to teach....find a nice cushy job at a university so I can sit on nice buttery soft leather chairs and tell new nurses how not to make the mistakes I made. Thats my back up plan.
I also started researching IRA's and other retirement funds. This is serious!

Hubby is going to be stationed in Germany for a year. Yes I know...I have finished doing my "boo woo woe is me crying session", I will shed no more tears about the situation and will suck it up and make the best of the time we have. I have passed the "angry and sad" stage and now I am in the "acceptance" part of the grieving stages. I have made some steps to help alleviate the craziness and loneliness that I am bound to feel during that time. I have joined a gym. Yes...I finally broke down and joined a gym. Not to "work out"...its more to play sports (racket ball), swim in the pool and socialize. I may also take more road trips out of town to visit friends.
One of my good friend's , "M", is moving to Georgia, less than 2 hours away. So I wont be too lonely.

I may also visit Trinidad some time next year as well..but thats still in the planning stage.

My brother is still in Japan and apparently he is playing phone tag with my voicemail. We just cant seem to sync up. Lots to update him on. I had to curse him out via email though on sicing my mother on me about not answering my phone. There is a rule we live by in my household, "whatever you do, dont tell mom cause she is going blow it way out of proportion and take it to a whole new level of BS". Its nothing against my mother, its just her nature. And my brother and I know this, and we compensate for it. He broke the rule, so I tore him a new A-hole via email. But we are over it now.

Hubby's mom is doing much better after her surgery (got her knees done), she seems more open. hmm

I go to NY next month, to see my girls and the family. Only 5 days but I am sure its going to be eventful. Mom's been keeping me abreast of the family's goings and comings...but it will be great to see everyone. Too bad my brother couldnt be there.

Next week I begin my vacation time, Hubby and I will be going out of town...somewhere not to far but not to close either. I think it would eb great to get away for a while.

Anyway thats all I have to report for now...so there you go Shy, this is your "update".

No comments: