So hubby and I left town for a few days, we ofcourse scrapped the cruise to Mexico idea.. and decided to be close to home but far enough that we can relax. So we went three hours away to Gatlinburg TN. It was great!
First day we spent checking out the city, its definately a tourist town...went to a bunch of Ripley's Believe it or Not places, like the museum, mirror maze and aquarium. But it was swelting hot . It was on the trolley ride we heard about Micheal Jackson's death, to say we were surprised is an understatement. That night swam alittle by the hotel pool and relaxed in the jacuzzi. We then went to Ober Gatlingburg. And I dont know who told my hubby and I, we liked roller coasters. Cause we dont...both of us and not "fond" of heights or rides that turn our stomachs inside out. But the brave and slightly deluded travellers we were decided we could do this. The first ride we went on was like a rocking baby carriage from hell. I kept praying the whole time with my eyes closed. Then I heard horrible screams ..and kept thinking would this person shut up they are messing with my concentration...I cant pray with all the screaming...well unfortunately I realised I was the one screaming then I forced myself to shut up. I should have known not to go on the ride...I asked that operator his accident rate on the ride...his reply "I never had an accident yet"..my heart soared...then I asked..."How long you've been working here"......"11 months" he said...I should have turned back immediately, but I went on anyway.
We then went to the Smokey Mountains..and on our trail...we saw a bear..two infact...mama and baby. I hauled tailed my ass back to my car after quickly realising what everyone else was staring and taking pictures of. Mentally I was planning my escape route, which included plowing through cars and taking out a few pedestarians along the way.
We ended the vacation by going to Dollywood...again our silly butts didnt learn from the last roller coaster ride. I almost lost my breakfast and lunch. We got wet on the water rides obviously underestimating the signs that said "You will get Wet!". Cause our change of clothes was in our car..in the parking lot...behind God's back. Took us forever to go there cause the damn Tram bus obeyed every traffic and non traffic like law made to man. It was like being driven by Morgan Freeman who thought I was Miss Daisy.
So now I am back ...still on vacation for the next few days but back in Chatt Town. I realised after getting up and hitting the gym..actually working out and feeling good about it..having late lunch, drinking Bailey's Irish Creme and reading smutty romances in my rocking chair in the middle of the afternoon.....I like vacation..I like it alot!
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment