Driving anywhere with my mother is a ...sigh*...feat. It never fails, everytime, we always get in an argument. My only request is that when I am driving she shuts up. I know this may seem ridiculous but when your passenger starts dictating to you when you should shift lanes, slow down, stop, breathe, go, roll over...it can be distracting to say the least. Infact it can be Flickin' irritating....yes I am substituting words now.
So ofcourse it happened again...she distracted me and I almost got pulled over by the cops and I swear the scream of anguish was slowly bubbling inside of me like a volcano....and I could have felt the heat rising, my fists were clenching and at the tip of my tongue I wanted to scream ..."shut the F up!"...I know...I know..its my mother how could I even think it. But nevertheless the thought was there ...but I calmly said...."Please refrain from unnecessary sudden outbursts, its distracting when I drive". Ofcourse I knew she could read my mind. I dont curse at people..I think its akin to spitting in their face. But she danced on my last nerve and I couldnt help the thought. Now I am thinking I need to go to Confession or something and say a few hundred Hail Mary's and ask for forgiveness for my dirty mind.
I dont want my kids to want to curse at me ...but I know they probably will want to...the urge probably will be there.Its just there are rules when someone is driving and you are the passenger...
1. Sit down and be quiet (for your own safety and theirs)
2. Directing when not asked is not "helping" (the driver will alert you when they need your assistance)
3. Directions such as "turn here and there" is useless...please use terms such as "left and right"...(the driver is not gonna to turn to look where you are pointing).
4. You are not driving , refrain from telling the driving when to switch lanes just cause you dont like driving in the middle lane...get over it..
5. Remember they , the driver has access to three mirrors...two sides and one rearview...you dont always see what they are seeing..so shut up and let them deduce when its safe to move or not.
These are my passenger rules I wish people will go by..it will make for a more joyous and pleasant driving experience..and less expletives in my head.
1 comment:
lol Too funny.. but true. My husband can tail gate, almost run over someone and I have learned to not say a word! Let him drive with me and it is a different story! lol Would like to tell you that I hope it gets better but I have lived with my husband 33 years and he is still the same. lol My mom was the same way but not so much with driving. Have a great week after resting your mind for a day. lol Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment