Friday, August 1, 2008

1 week down...millions more to go

So this week was my first 12 hrs work experience. It has its good and bad. Good...its only 3 days out of a  day week....get to pick your schedule...the floor is a busy one so there is lots to do...time goes fast if you keep busy.

Bad..its 12 freaking hours!...the last 2 hours always seem to drag...and its 12 freaking hours!

I had the opportunity to se three surgeries...and worked with one fo the patients from recovery room to discharge. Which involves so many departments..but it was great to see the entire process. The majority of the people on the floor are okay...some not so much than others but I take it with a grain of salt. Luckily I am not the type to take things personally...when someone is being a bitch/asshole , I dont think "they are being a bitch or an asshole to me"...no I think "they are just a bitch/asshole". I let things roll off my back and keep it moving.

But most are receptive openly....I also got to work with a few other staff members and have a better insight on what they do...I love that, and get to tie it all together.

Today I spent the day cleaning the new place. I am so excited..I have so many ideas ...the involve many trips to Home Depot and Walmart..by 3 pm this afternoon I have worn myself up into taking a much needed nap.

But now I am up again I am going to hit the stores and go window shopping. Its the 1st of the month...rent was paid..so window shopping is all that will be done. lol

Anyway just giving an update. I miss my girls. Although I talk to them often I've been so busy , they've been busy and we all have to sync up our schedules. Soon we will find a rhythm to do our 2 hour girl talks.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi... didn't have Internet for about 4 days! Ugh! Had to call to get on line. lol Had checked this late at night and thought would comment next day.. then could not get on line. :-(  Found it in Inbox. lol Had forgot. lol

Wow! 3 days sounds good to me. Staying busy helps the time pass by too. Hmmm just read 2nd line... guess not. lmbo Yep! Some people will just never change! Like you.. don't let them ruin my day!! I like to shop for something new. Have not really done that in a long time. I have so much anyway! lol Hope things have gone well the last 6 days since this entry. Blessings, Janie