Its been so long since I sat down and wrote an entry. Work has been a ridiculously crazy place. I am slowly turning my apt into a home. And the family is in good health. I am enjoying being a nurse but sometimes I feel like I need a nurse myself. I have to force myself to stop and eat or stop and go to the bathroom many days , cause its so hectic. And by the time I come home and the adrenline rush goes away...my energy level drops. I mean my body reminds me that I havent slowed down to catch my breath for 12 + hours, it aches, creaks and hollars.At times all I wanna do is climb in bed and sleep all day. But I realised I havent had a chance to do that in a week or more and its slowly taking a toll. My smile to my co-workers arent ginuine as it was 2 weeks ago..cause inwardly I am dreaming of a warm shower, cool sheets on the bed and a hot plate in my hand. And since they are reminders of why I am not getting those things at that exact moment...I wait two extra seconds before I answer their call. *sighs*
All I need is three days off and I will be fine. My spirits will be up , as well as my attitude. But Hubby has been sweet , and accomadating..even though I can come off needy, which I dont mean to and is out of character for me. I am grateful for his patience and humor.
Okay now to pack my things and get ready for tomorrow. I need to speak to my girls. I miss them.
1 comment:
It has been a while, hasn't it? I have heard there is a shortage of nurses. :( I bet you really are tired!! I would be. Twelve hour shift has to be hard. Glad that your hubby is doing good with it all. Hope you get 3 days off soon. Keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment