My computer is finally set up and my internet is on. My excitment is palpable.And thank you very much for your prayers and thoughts Janie, they are much appreciated. I hope all is well with you and your also.
ANyway still waiting for my desk to be put up but thats a two person job and I am not going rush Mr Hubby. He's been good , so I'll be good...and curb my tongue. Havent met anyone I am interested in calling a friend yet or atleast hanging out with. Everyone I meet is usually from work and they are older women with children and a much busier schedule than me. I dotn want to impose and ask to hang out when they have kids to think about and cant drop everything at the drop of a hat. It would be nice to get "girlfriend" to hang with. Hubby is nice..but some things I cant do with him without hearing him complain. Like shopping or just window shopping, or driving around with no agenda, people watching, just enjoying the sights. He is great to hang with but I do need friends outside of him. Else I am afraid I will become one of those "dependent follow me eveywhere , call me all day type woman".And I refuse to become HER!
I also finally found a hair dresser. I met him at a Beauty Supply place and although he was inexperienced with interlocking Locs...he was willing to learn and practice and I was willing to let him. PLus he was just too funny not to. I have an appointment next week@ his salon , downtown. Flamboyant and steriotypical male hairdresser. But I like his enthusiasm. Plus I am tired of trying to find a salon that does Locs here. It was too much of a hassel, one day I will give the details of that misadventure.
Anyway I am off to iron my clothes , finish my chores and relax.
1 comment:
Glad you got things running. Bet you are too. lol Wow! Is it hard to curb the tongue at times. I was short a couple of times when cleaning out the shed; hubby digging through stuff and no room for both of us to stand in there! He told the cat to get out before I attack him. lmbo Know what you mean. For years I just had one close friend. It helps when not family and someone to talk about different things. Hope you find someone kind of like yourself; that always helps. I haven't had a close friend the last few years. My mother moved in same town with me; but lost her in Dec. 2005. I do have neighbor and friend I talk to on the phone, but not the same. I have been meeting my daughter since mom passed away. She needs time away also. A friend though.. is still different than family. Right? lol Ironing is not a delight for me. :( Hope Friday and your weekend goes well. Sure you are needing a break right now. Have some fun too!! lol Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment