Its strange how certain things happen and it remind you of all your litle fears in the world. This morning I fell down the stairs...luckily nothing was broken, just a bruised. Ofcourse it would be my big ass thats bruised...left side. Anyway the scarey part for me wasnt falling...it was , what if I was alone. Hubby was there, which I was eternally thankful for. But it reminded me of a fall I had yrs ago in the bathroom. I slipped on the floor and almost hit my head on the bathroom sink, and in attempt to save the little brain I have I almost broke my arm protecting it. But what scared the dickens out of me while I laid on the floor for a good minute or so..the door was locked. How would anyone realise something had happened to me if the door was locked and they think I am just enjoying a really long bath. Since that day I try nto to lock the bathroom door when I shower, however as time passes and fear decreases...or should I say...gets overshadowed by other things..I forget. I forget that I shouldnt lock the door when I shower, but falling today reminded me. I forget that most household falls occur in the bathroom and bedroom. I mean for goodness sake..how could I forget..its one of the main things I tell my older patients. And here I am victim to my own lecture.
So to add to the short list of fears I have...falling without help is one of mine. That and being paralyzed, raped and rats (NY subway rats will scare anyone). Anyway no more fear talk.
I went to the beach today...and it reminded me of Trinidad so much. Its been so long since I've been to the beach. I would love to live near the water one day...or atleast vacation there. I am truly a Cancer....pure crab..loving the water. Boats, sandcastles, palm trees and warm water all bring out my inner sunshine. Its been a good day.
Anyway I am off to work out...or atleast pretend I am making a dent in my weight. Really my goal is just to develop a healthy exercise schedule that I dont dread doing. So far walking the bridge hasnt killed me yet..but I still wont commit to a gym. One step at a time people.
1 comment:
I fall all the time! Usually fall at least once in the winter! Have always been that way so hard telling what I will be like when I get older than now! It is scary! I have almost killed myself a couple of times. I fall over the railroad ties in the parking area at our place when the are wet. They are slanted!! You slide on them! Hmmm I am a Scorpio also water sign. Walking is really good for a person. Hubby said something about joining new YMCA near our church when it is built. Really surprised me... kind of think he thought I would join and not ask him. hehehe My weight is alright now but do I need to firm up!! Hope your body heals fast. Have a great weekend... that is almost over. lol Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment