So yesterday I tortured myself again and went to the pet store again (for the millionth time) to play with the dogs. The store manager and I are now on first name basis...although he chastes me for "teasing the dogs", and tries to guilt me into buying one of my favorites... I know his job is to sell me anything , even though its not in my best interest. Now dont get me wrong, getting a dog is not whats not in my best interest, its the prices @ that pet store...the Lhasa Apso that I am fiegning for goes for $870. And the prices in the store can go up to $1700. Yes I fainte alittle when I first heard the prices but I got used to it now. Ofourse I can go to a breeder and get a dog cheaper, or adopt one at the pound..those are my options. However the point of this blog is to dispell those rumors (okay only my crazy ass friend Nat suggested this and the other crazy ass agreed) that my want for a dog is actually my biological clock ticking. Ofcourse usually I would ignore the "tick-tock" jokes , but I decided to nip this in the bud. All I want is a dog...a cute furry friend to keep me company when I come home after a long night. I have never had a dog..not even as a kid, infact up to last year my interaction with dogs have been limited to me crossing the street to the other side when I see one coming (yes I was one of those people!). I only recently developed this cannine loving courage. And like one of my girls asked...is it cause of the environment and want for a constant companionship? And the answer is yes its both actually...in Trinidad eventually I would have gotten a dog...I am sure but in NY there was no space, time, or ryhme or reason. It wasnt the environment conducive for dogs in my opinion. I thought about a cat..but I realised ...nah I like playing with the dogs...and they are very calming surprisingly. But dont get confused..I still get intimidated by big dogs but I am slowly overcoming that. Yesterday I went to PetSmart like a pet owner..except I am not one and that just makes me pathetic..but lets not discuss that. Anyway and I ran into a co-worker of mine who has a German Shepard....huge dog..looked mean but was actually incredibly calm and friendly. And she was telling me that this was her first dog ever and knowing she works long hours as me, she gave me tips on how she dealt with it. And I thought...if she can do it..I can. I have the same support as her...why not use it!
So I have put my foot down, no more dilly dallying, I am going to get a dog. Dont know when but it will be before then end of the year, I have to becareful cause I will be travelling a couple of times this yr and I am not keen on leaving any pet home alone for a long period of time, and Doggy Day care has always been suscipious to me..but we will see.
Enough pupy talk...I finally got my new phone. ABout freaking time..its a Samsung Behold ..just getting used to the touch screen feature...my brother is very proud of me for moving into the 21st century ( I know what century it is but I am late bloomer). He is teasing me that maybe I will get a flat screen TV next..my reply "Hold your horses...I am still getting used to the microwave!..lol"
I finally decided what to get Hubby for V-day ...its going be handmade and contains his favorites, cant reveal what it is cause he sometimes reads this. I am hoping to send my mom flowers but I got to get a move on that soon.
I have a meeting @ work today..gosh I hate meetings...sure we are getting fed, but I dont feel like sitting through another lecture on how we can improve bt yet how much we are appreciated...its like the "slap and hug" factor. When you diss someone but then compliment them to try to soften the blow. I always find that confusing..I say stick to one..dont play both roles of Bad Cop & Good Cop. However it will give me a couple of extra hours so I guess I will stick it out , might even plaster a smile on my face.
Anyway I am going to eat and relax until the time to go.
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
8 years ago
2 comments:
Too funny! I like dogs very much. The only bad thing is a puppy grows into a dog. lol The potty training is a killer! Wellll I can sure give you some advice on dogs! Do not get a dog in March or April. Make sure the weather is nice. There is not anything worse than standing in the cold waiting for a dog to do their job! Brrrr I have frozen my buns off for my dogs. I love German Shepherds, they just bond and love you! But... they will chew the legs off of your table when they are a puppy!! haha It was so easy to train my females by putting them in the big wire kennel that folds down, Wal Mart, biggest one they have. They stayed in that when I went some place so they would not chew up things. Not one time did Cherokee wet or mess in my house. Question... are you going to have to take the dog outside to potty? Are you going to trust a little dog to protect you at night? lol Most people will not mess with a German Shepherd. Bigger the better. Cherokee weighed 120 pounds, she loved me, and NO ONE could ever raise their hand to me. My dogs know my emotions better than my husband! lol They can tell when you are scared. You still have several months to think about it. lol Hope you have a good week. Blessings, Janie
My daughter loves dogs and we had a little Pom when she was a teenager. She has a German Shepherd and a Pom right now. She is closer to the German Shepherd right now than the little Pom. German Shepherds have great personalities if you get the right one. When you choose one... do not choose the one that is real energetic because they can be high strung and crazy! Look for the one that is kind of mild, not too mild. Look at them a couple of times. Shawnee my white Shepherd was by her mother and just looked at me. Her sister was running around my feet. I choose her. I picked her up and she did not move. She is really bonded to me. Has to be with me all the time. Lakota the black and tan was doing the same thing.. just sitting there looking at me while the others were running around acting crazy! He is a male! He is more energetic!! My dogs mind really good. Newspaper or fly swatter training. Noise when a puppy scares them. lol Wow! I have wrote too much about dogs! Yikes! Hope you have a good week. Janie
Post a Comment