Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Weekend---aka FREEDOM!

Okay Ladies,

Yesterday,  I decided to spice up myself. Had a "me day", now since I am on a strict budget (not self imposed I can assure you). I decided to tackle pampering myself....myself! Its been yrs since I have done my own nails, usually I run to the salon, give those people my hard earned money sit back and relax.

Well I started with my feet, and 1 hr later they were looking presentable enough to run barefooted in MACYS shoe department and not feel ashamed. However I must say after doing it myself, my back aches, hand hurts and sweat pored down my face, I decided next time I will tip alittle better @ the nail salon, they work hard. Then I tackled the nails, didnt take long and was good and pretty in no time and I multitasked by having a facial at the same time.

Now after almost 3 hrs of spurcing and prancing one would think I would decide to show off my "prettiness". But no I decided to watch some old James Dean move, "Rebel without a Cause" and curl up in my blanket. It felt so good.

No phone ringing, no one calling my name, no "Jane where is the...", none of that! I was left alone to my own devices , havent been in a while.

Even today, my only family obligation was to drop my dad off to a friend's house to watch the game. I didnt mind one bit since it meant he would be out the house.You know I realise that even though some men may not be into sports they will  go anyway just to get away from the womenfolk.  And I dont blame them. So I took this weekend for me.

Hope u ladies enjoy the weekend

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you decided to do that. My nails do not look too good. :(  I was not blessed with long nails. Had my step dad to worry about yesterday.. sooo tired. lol He went to the hospital but there wasn't anything wrong with him; which is good. Did not go to Sunday School but went to church. Now just resting. Step dad went home this morning after spending the night. It does feel better to pamper ourselves once in a while. Have a wonderful Sunday with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad you decided to do that. My nails do not look too good. :(  I was not blessed with long nails. Had my step dad to worry about yesterday.. sooo tired. lol He went to the hospital but there wasn't anything wrong with him; which is good. Did not go to Sunday School but went to church. Now just resting. Step dad went home this morning after spending the night. It does feel better to pamper ourselves once in a while. Have a wonderful Sunday with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad your step dad is fine
today was forever long
lots went on today on Super Super Tuesday
the Giants parade
the primary
lots of people wearing their football jerseys today
liked it
it was goof to see NY in such bliss again
its been a while