Well as I have stated before my craving for fish cakes have left me with the memories of their taste in my mouth. So I decided to make my own...gasps* ...I know. First time trying this recipe and I am happy to report...no one in the household has died from my cooking...it actually turned out better than I expected it to. Served it with tar tar sauce... it wasnt as good as the resturant's Sugar Cane though but it did satisfy my craving. The amazing thing was that I didnt follow the recipe to the Tee. First off I didnt have all the ingredients, so I substituted most of the main seasoning ingredients.I am a smell cook....meaning when I cook I use my sense of smell to guide me. Most people will taste it to know what they have to add or leave as it. But me...I use my nose to tell me that...and so far it hasnt failed me yet. It also helps that I am a spice junkie...I love my food hot and spicy.
After cooking up a storm I put on my tool belt and went Ty Pennington on a fallen chlothes hook. Then vacummed, mopped and sweeped the apartment. I feel so darn Desperate Housewife. I actually started back studying....infact found a better way of focusing on my book. I studied on a treadmill. This used to work for me in college. I would sit on a exercise bike inbetween classes and while riding would read up on my assignments and study my notes. Its strange but it worked. Siting reading over my notes and doing nothing else always has my eyes wandering around the room. I have to be doing something else ...something automatic....I would either eat...or exercise. And since its been months...since I actually touched the inside of a gym and I want to increase my stamina I decided this is one way to approach it.
I also decided to try to find a study buddy and a new was of studying...since the last method didnt garnish me any success. I now have a renewed sense of zeal...and not in mourning over my failure any more. Atleast not in the "wearing black"and weeping @ the drop of a hat phase.
Overall not a bad day.....
Anyway I am off to get ready for a new day.
1 comment:
I can eat spicy food... but not hot spicy food. lol I use to read while walking on the treadmill. To just walk on the thing... I could not! So I read. lol Have a good week with blessings, Janie
Post a Comment