Sunday, March 23, 2008

Family time

Well its Easter Sunday,

and like most holidays I spent it with the family. Went to my aunt's house today and mainly messed around with my cousin, "R". I realised since I will be moving, I wont get to spend as much time as I used to with her. Back in the day...lol ....like I am old...oh thats funny. Anyway back in the day, lil "R" was my "riding partner", which in Trini terms meant my buddy. Now "R" was basically a baby....literally...but at the time I liked going places and wanted company without really wanting to talk about anything deep or wanting anyone else's opinions of where we should or shouldnt go. I have this gift of making children like everything I say...I make vaccuming a fun sport.  So she was the perfect choice. And like most toddler's/ pre-schoolers she talked up a storm and didnt require me to talk back. Note to the Masses...Kids talk alot!

So when I would go on my museum trips, street festivals, boat rides around the city  and all that I took my lil cousin.She enjoyed getting out the house and I enjoyed frolicking in the city.  So today while @ my aunt's with a much older "R" it hit me, I wont be seeing her for a while. I mean she is now @ the age of bras, cell phones and boys. And she is just sprouting hips. She is the closest thing I have to a younger sister. So today I devoted my attention to her...mainly we sat and watched music videos online...trying the figure out...what the hell that man , The Dream, is singing about...I thought he said "Pointsetta" like the flower and she though he was saying "Call Santa"...lmao

He was really saying "Falsetto". But it was so silly and fun that I made a resolution...more of a promise to myself. To spend more time with my cousin. I dont want her to stray or be bambozelled into giving away her body. I know soon the time will come. And I want her to be aware but more importantly love and respect herself enough to not only wait...but demand other's treat her like the Queen she is.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a cute little cousin. Glad you had a great time visiting.. and yes they do grow up fast!! lol Have a great week. God Bless, Janie