Its so crazy to think Chivalry is dead....but sometimes it does feel that way. Like its been hunted down and slaughtered by inattentive men who wouldn't know that the woman walks in first through the door while you hold it open from the back.
The Death of Chivalry is a widely talked about subject among the fairer sex. We mourn its extinction, the same way we cheered for Angela Bassett when she burned the bastard's things in his car with that infamous Waiting to Exhale scene.....we mourn it in <SPAN id=sp-3 title=" unity .Because, unity. Because, unity.Be cause, unity.Beca use, unity, punditry, unit" style="BACKGROUND: url(undefinedimages/bg_spellingErr.gif) yellow repeat-x left bottom; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; COLOR: #000" _backupTitle="null"> we all feel the lost. Sometimes I crave for Chivalry's comeback....I crave to be offered someone else's jacket against the cold, to have my car door opened first... to be lead through a crowded room with the feel of warm hands on the small of my back, to get that "Call me when you arrive to let me know you are home safe".
*calls out dramatically* CHIVALRY! where art thou CHIVALRY!
Maybe I am over reacting...I have experienced chivalry in pockets of gestures offered . Like a friend of mine who always insists of walking on the outer edge of the pavement, providing a barrier between me and the road or another who never fails to stand up from his seat and offer me it soon as I walk in a room. So maybe all is not lost. But why must I only experience pockets...small infrequent unrelated events.
I broached this subject tonight because I saw in someone's else's profile they hated the Death of Chivalry...and I then began to remember I am still in mourning for this lost art....display of kindness and masculinity.
3 comments:
Serious entry... so why am I laughing. lol Yep I think it died some time ago. lol Have a great weekend. Janie
What the hell is that..he he he...I don't think I have seen that in my life time...lol..have a great weekend! TerryAnn
To show my respect..tomorrow I should wear black...in mourning
lmao
Post a Comment