Okay so its really been a while since I spoke....really spoke. Many things have happened, one of the topics off the table for discussion is my exam. That has been blogged about to death. And I feel like death when I talk about it so I will move on to my TN trip, the moving, and all the inbetween. No real drama, thankfully....atleast not on my side. I have been listening to other's drama though...it took the place of Genera Hospital while my tv was out.
Okay TN was great. First off I got offered the job I wanted. I want to do a gig, but ofcourse the job is only valid when I get my liscense. But it felt good to get that "We want you" call. But really the big news was how I felt about TN itself. And I must admit, I had reservations, I have lived in NY most of my teenage and adult life. Alot of "Firsts" in this city. And I love it. Sure I was born and raised in the Caribbean, I have that Trini in me...always will and when my brain is on the fritz or I am deliriously happy my Trini twang can be heard singing its way from my lips usually accompanied by either a loppy grin and a raised eyebrow. And I love Trinidad. the smell...taste..sounds.
So to have two places occupying my heart would seem like enough. But I have to say I can see myself in TN. Now I wont say I am head over heels, lets get real...its too quick too soon. But I like it, the sights, the people, the weather, the sounds. But mainly the peace and relaxed feeling I felt there. Now that could be from the lack of family demands or stress. But I would like to think it was the place itself. It had such a family atmosphere that made my crave for things I shouldnt be....not yet. But I enjoyed those feelings anyway. When I sat at the riverfront I closed my eyes and saw myself walking along with two kids running circles around me and me with a silly grin loving every moment of it. And its not just the thought of a family and moving on to a new chapter in my life. It was more of that look on my face and what it represented. I had a look of peace and content, genuine happiness that had more to do with me being happy with where I was in that stage of my life.
Anyway came back to the city and had to get ready to move to a smaller apt . Rent kept going up and up and it was not in anyone's best interest to stay where we were. So we up and left, we were on a wait list for a more affordable apt , rent stabilized , and when it came though we jumped at the chance. It has its pros and cons but for some reason I am okay with it, or maybe indifferent. I havent decided. All I know is that its fine for me for now.
I finally cleaned up all theses bills and papers on my desk and now I am ready to focus. The apt is put away, 98% and thats enough for me. I have more important things to focus on.
All else is good..Hubby is well, Family is healthy and Friends are happy so all in all I can say I am blessed.
The other day I decided to play 21 questions with my friends ( Yes I was bored @ work....even my homegirl was like "R U Serious" and my hubby at the end of it asked "R u Depressed"...to which I both replied..."NO"...I was just bored)....anyway, I realised that there is alot we think we know about the people we are close to but really dont. So this is my parting excerise. PLay 21 Questions with a friend or family member or two @ a time, but do it in a way where correspondence is via, email, text message or any communication where they have to write it out. This way it gives them and u time to think about the questions. Take turn asking the questions....2 at a time for each person. And see what interesting things u learn.
Anyway folks I am off to shower and get the rest of this day started...smiles* Its gonna be a good day.
1 comment:
Great pictures! Wishing you a blessed Easter. Janie
Post a Comment