How do you tell someone they are dying.....do you even tell them or do you use euphemisms to try to minimize your own discomfort. My grandmother has cancer...however today was the first time I wa faced with her mortality..and limited time she may have.
And I realised if I am dying I want to be told...no stinking euphemisms....no beating around the bush..tell me .."you are dying...you should tr to prepare and enjoy as much time as you can as much as you can"
And you know what I hope I will be able to do...I hope I will be able to write or voice record little love notes to the ones I love. Reminders of me, and them together.
I hope I will be as strong as my grandmother..even stronger
2 comments:
I know what you are talking about. My dad died at the age of 68 with cancer of the liver. I lost my mother Dec 2005. Hard to believe she has been gone for over 2 years now... where has the time gone when it seems like only 6 months ago??? Lost time with my step dad (her husband for over 30 years) when he had surgery, 20 doctor appt., 2 weeks in hospital, 2 wks in nursing home, and then later radiation... less than 2 months after her death. No time to morn... don't know if that was good or bad?? Maybe it was a good thing that I did not have time to dwell on her passing away. I was an only child. Hope you have a blessed week. God Bless, Janie
Jane,
Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Grandmothers always seem to exude more grace than anyone else. Best wishes for her health!
Jen
Post a Comment