Monday, November 10, 2008

40 minutes later...slowly back on schedule

Okay..I have a uniform ready, lunch packed and I ate....I think in 40 minutes time this is a darn good accomplishment. So I decided to spend the rest of the time here.
I am in a mood....not sure what it is but I feel like taking a long drive. Maybe tomorrow...I feel like playing my music loud, and driving fast. I got someone to cover my shift tomorrow and in exchange I cover their Friday shift. Dont know if I will drive all the way to ATL...but I think I will cruise for a while. I love driving without a destination in mind....you see so many different things that way. I dont think of it as getting lost when I do this, some people find it useless and a waste of time but to me its invigorating. Just not knowing and just going. Sometimes I have notions to "run away". I know I am a grown woman and running away is childish, but I am sure everyone gets that feeling sometimes. Today I dont feel like running away...mainly just driving very far. Wait there is a message....I think its from work...I may be getting called off tonight..YaY!
Darn no such luck...its the Doctor's office..scheduling my appointment....I am trying to get new glasses. Damn it. I would have loved to do nothing today. But our census has slowly been going up at work so I am guessing it may be a busy night for me. Sighs* Whatever.
I finally bought my office chair... it was definately worth the wait. Next on the list is the recliner....I know I have been talking about this recliner for months. And I swear I will get it...but you will be surprised how much "financial sh*t" stands between me and that recliner...like "food, shelter and transportation".
I have been mulling something around in my head for a minute...should I decorate the house for christmas. Its my first christmas away from my immediate family, and it just feels different. I know I dont want to buy a tree...I dont feel like it. But maybe I should make the place "festive"...maybe it will boast that Holiday feeling. Maybe a few garlands , holiday colors...something...christmasy. But I dont even have the motivation to do it. I keep thinking maybe I will do it for next christmas...but Christmas is what you make it...I dont want a depressing one. I've had many depressing christmases as a kid, for 10 yrs after my father's accident we didnt put up a tree or celebrate christmas. It was like we (the family) was in mourning for 10 yrs ...I dont want to feel like that again. But funds are also low and I am trying to stay on the "narrow and straight"...as that author Sheryl Garrett of the financial book "Starting Out" tells me I should. Damn her too!
I know I could have spent this last hour, puting away that laundry but truthfully...what's the hurry...as long as I have underwear I am good. lol
time to go...will atleast make up the bed before I leave...or maybe "close my eyes for a minute"...what am i thinking thats the devil talking..tempting me back to bed. Think I will catch up with my online shows tomorrow as well..

2 comments:

LYN said...

I am a Christmas lover so i say deck the halls!! LOL
have a great day!!

Janie said...

lol You feel like being a wildgirl. hehehe Yep! I have felt like running away from home at times. lol I have a endtable that I put a small tree on. I put all the presents on the floor. Use blue lights to decorate the little tree and a few things sitting on the table. I lay tiny lights on my shelves that have my what-nots to make them shine. Got some gold colored ones and blue ones. I like the blue for Christmas.. I know don't ask me why. lol Well hope the day or should I say evening worked out well for you. Blessings, Janie