I got a mini vacation I didnt know I had coming....last week I had three days off...then was scheduled to work one day and then off for the other two....but luck would have it, we had a low census and I was called off....and wasnt called back on for the two days I was off. So technically I had 6 days of freedom and I did absolutely nothing! Okay I did laundry....and that was the extent of my productivity. I know I should have cleaned the house...but its already clean...go to the DMV ..hmm I wasnt in the mood for lines....or did something that said "I had 6 days off and I accomplished this..and whip out my long list" ...but I did non of that. Most of it I spent in bed...sometimes with hubby , sometimes with Diana Palmer (slowly getting into her books)..and sometimes with the characters on Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, Life and the Office (caught up on my online tv).
This week is Thanksgiving and Hubby's sis is in town and we decided to do dinner here. This is my first time even attempting to make a holiday meal for anyone , much less his family...so I am a bit nervous. He may not think its a big deal, but to me it is....although he was uber excited himself...lol..he even made the menu...I dont think he sees how nervous I am about it. I am kind of looking forward to it all though...I have to make some phone calls and make sure I get some things right...I am making ham. Yes no turkey...ham is just as good and delicious. But the main thing is that I havent finished giving the house a "Holiday feel" yet. And with my working for the next two days I wonder if I will have time to do so. I also need to get fire wood for the fire place. And more dinning room chairs... as well as fix up the downstairs bathroom. It feels like I have alot to do and no time..now that I have scoundered 6 days. Nice going huh?!
*sighs*
Anyway thats my update for the week...and yeah I got my parking space back ..for now...the battle continues..*takes out my sword* "ON GUARD!!!" *thrusts forward* "Yah!"
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment