Friday, November 14, 2008

Thinking about Holidays and money

So last night I made my Christmas Gift List.....and settled on a budget. I decided I dont care how much it costs, if I cant afford it I refuse to go in to debt trying to put a 5 second smile on someone's face. I know it sounds mean but I need to get serious about my financial goals. I now also have a plan...if I work 2-3 extra days a month I can save enough money to start working on my short and long term goals. WHich included contributing more to my "nest egg" and emergencyfunds, decreasing my debt, down payment for a home and other personal dreams.
Sometimes its tricky juggling your work schedule with your personal life when you have choices. Fortunately we have "self -scheduling" on my floor, basically we can chose when we would like to work and management tries their best to accomodate us. It makes it easier for nurses to do school, work, and home. However sometimes you can get overwhelmed by choices. Last night trying to chose which holiday to work was rather depressing, but I get it... have to work atleast one. I am not used to working holidays, atleast not yet. Like everyone else I like being home with family or browsing the stores and getting into that holiday spirit. I used to browse the malls, MACYS , especially to get decorating ideas for the holidays...thats how I usually come up with my themes. I know I am not the only one who does that...anyway I have been inside way too long today...think I am going to shower and get fresh air.

1 comment:

Janie said...

That is good that you made a Christmas list. I like to go into place and get craft ideas. Decorating too. Hope you had a good time getting out and about and getting some fresh air. Hope your weekend goes well. God Bless, Janie