I have been trying all week to write an entry...I even sat down and logged on a couple of times. But it just wouldnt come to me...its not like I have nothing to say....Oh I have plenty to say...I just think I have been mulling it over in my mind so many times it feels like I already said it....or maybe I said it and dont recall and I am not a "repeater". I dislike....okay the word is LOATHE...repeatition. And doing the same old dance...annoys me. So I decided to sit and just watch...I think instead of being mad or upset I will amuse myself with people's antics.
Anyway I am supposed to be getting ready for work...I am procastinating. I had a mental plan this morning...run to the grocery store pick up fruits and yogurt...put away laundry and prepare for the week ahead...pack lunch for work...make followup calls. Long list huh....yep...and All I have done so far was make follow up calls. Rolls eyes@ myself.
I did talk to an old friend from school last week which is always fun...."Ellie" as I call him cause he hates it, is a Bonifide Asshole. Hands down, no kidding..he will never deny it. Once I called him a Jackass and he corrected me stating " A jackass is clownish, funny but never to be taken seriously...I am an Asshole..I may be funny, but you still want to slap me cause you know I seriously meant the shit I said". I can always depend on him for a few laughs, and although out of the circle of friends we have , he isnt always the most loved...to me he is always the most honest and candid. Also not afraid to "spare my feelings"..hence I dont talk to him often cause I want my feelings spared at times. But our relationship has always been one where both of us even after months of not even an email , call the other out of the blue and say "Hey give me your honest opinion about something..." So the day after Election Day or as folks are now calling it "O-Day", I called to get the run down. You see "Ellie" is a " wanna be black republic". And his political opinion always has me rolling with laughter...which is to say..I should take him more seriously but I dont.
I went church shopping....(yes I know what I said..but remember i just moved here), I am currently looking for a church to call my own...I tried this church which is conveniently 30 seconds away from my home on the request of a patient. So there I walked in to this nice, small but very friendly church and sat...and within 2 seconds I was flooded with "Hi, Welcome...whats your name"....Now I get it...I am new...its a small church so hence I was easily noticable. However it took me two more sweeping glances around the room to note...hey its not that small and I am easily noticable because I am the only black person in here. Literally. Now there have been few times in my life I was the only black person anywhere...even in classes @ NYU (aka for the Rich and Privileged), there was always another miniority person somewhere on scholarship..atleast one...asian, black, indian, latino....atleast one. But not there. And at first I must admit it was intimidating as hell. But then after the Millionth "Welcome" , I thought..hey if it doesnt bother them, it doesnt bother me. *shrugs*. But overall it was a good service...I think I will like to return however I am still "shopping".
Its 3:30 pm, I havent eaten for the day, I have to get my sh*t together. Looks like a long weekahead...but I wont lose my cool. I promised myself. I also bought that self-help Finance book , called "Starting Out" ...so far it hasnt put me to sleep with boredom so I am happy. I have to find more things to do outside the house by myself....preferably free.
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
8 years ago
1 comment:
I am really running behind on comments and have to log off soon. Have not found out how to keep up with everyone yet. :( As bad as we hate someone being honest at times.. we at least know what to expect out of them... and maybe give us an honest answer when we really need one. lol Guess what.. we have only one young black guy in our church and he is my son's friend. lol My son is the minister. He is at my son and wife's house all the time visiting. lol Nice guy. The church you went to sounds a lot like the one I go to. lol Hope your day went well and you got around alright. Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment