Monday, October 20, 2008

Cant hold my liqour for sh*t

I am a light weight when it comes to alcohol... I always knew this, hence when I go hanging out my limit will always be two...and thats if I am not driving. Hell even with one I dont take the chance. I dont become a belligerent drunk like some people, or even a frisky drunk like my hubby or a talkative drunk like my girlfriend....no I am the quiet, will fall asleep any second type of drinker. I dont last but an hour.
So here I am after taking myself for dinner and drinks thinking...I shouldnt have had that DARN FLIRTINI...I had plans for the night. Finish my Dean Koontz novel, watch some more Law and Order and just relax. Now its all shot to hell. Anyway I have to say I am loving the new Blogspot. Its not bad...not bad at all ( yes this is high praise from me). This weekend I wanted to go out and relax and enjoy the fall weather...but you know what they say "Man plans and God laughs". I am not even surprised to tell you the truth, more like resigned....to sit and observe the predictable cycle. Its kind of disappointing but ah well...Que Sera Sera.
I think I will find some self help books about developing spending plans and saving for retirement. But I will make a confession...I hate self help books and what they represent. Okay I loathe them. When I see people with self help books I think..."You are so pathetic that you are going let someone make money off of you with obvious statements you could have deduced for free on your own". But I know nothing about finances....nothing at all.. I tried my own research on IRAs and Roth's and all that Jazz and I feel like I havent even scratched the surface. I have been on a "debt diet" (yes its Oprah's term) for 2 yrs...but I feel like I am slowly falling off the wagon...so I need to get back on track. I was inspired by an article in USA today about these women who formed a financial club , like a book club, and examined their individual finances together. Now I am not that bold...I refuse to let someone look at my finances unless I am paying you to, and even then you better have mastered your most non-judgemental poker face by then. Cause I dont need any raised eyebrows about my purchases... I only want solutions...dont repeat the problem to me..I am aware of it already...I dont need mocking birds. Wait how did we get on this subject. ...Oh yeah, my reading the newspaper at the bar...right...I think I will look into some books to improve my finances. I have a goal to purchase a home in a few years, and I want to achieve it. I always read so many conflicting stories about how much you should put down as your down payment. And then I begin thinking..how long it will take me to achieve that Down Payment...the average first time buyer takes 2.2 yrs..thank you HGTV. Anyway my momentum is slowly dissipating , GN all.

1 comment:

Janie said...

Two drinks was my limit too when I was younger. Don't drink anything now. I don't like the taste of alcohol. I do like the TASTE of winecoolers, blackberry, I think, forget the others. Haven't had one for years! I am not money smart either. Hope you get it all figured out, when you do... tell me. lol Janie