A good gynaecologist is hard to find. For months I have been looking, all I wanted was "She..yes has the Doc has to have what I have...a vagina..speak English, office is close to my home, taking new patients and basically speaks English". I know I said that already....but language barriers can be the difference between you and warm stirrups. We all want warm stirrups. Anyway finally I found her...I am excited. I know you must be thinking , whats the big deal with a OB/GYN. Well its important...I spend more time having intimate discussions with my Gyn than I do with my self. I had a great one before, infact she was a Nurse Practioner..which to me made it even better...they understand the nursing/caring part of medicine and has the power to write a prescription. I always thrive to look for Nurse Practioner's they are great. Anyway as I was saying...OBGYN's are important...I think its impertitve that a woman has a trusting relationship with that doc. A bad ob/gyn experience can really send a woman in hidding. I remember when I did my ER rotation there were so many girls coming in with no GYN. I was upset....mainly cause I thought..."Geez its time you take care of your body..you know your hairdresser by name but you dont have a personal OB/GYN!!!". Your body is your temple , and your vagina its core.
So here I am excited over finally finding an OB/GYN. Another thing to cross off my "To Do List".
Now if I can only find my ass over to the DMV to change my liscense I will be on schedule. lol
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
1 comment:
LOL Hmmm I have only had one woman OBGYN, military back in the late sixty. The last male I went to I felt very comfortable. He delivered 2 of my grandchildren. The one before that did a weird breast check. Hurt like heck. My family doctor is good for colds and etc. but no way for female check up. hehe Hope you have a great week. Janie
Post a Comment