Okay people I have just finished endulging in one of my many vices...Grey's Anatomy...and it was the best episode to date since Denny was on the show. So finally Izzie and Karev are resuming their relationship....go back a few posts and I tell you how much I love them and Yang is finally moving on from Burke, with "Hot Military Super Doc"....okay thats my long name for him at least for now but I will call him "RED" until I find out his name (he sports a red beard....trust me he is "scruffy sexy"). Anyway I spent this morning trying to familiarize myself with the online class I am taking. Already I have some stuff to read and class starts in a little over a week. I dont mind it but soon as I saw I needed to read some papers I thought "OH crap, I am back in school".
My Hubby is going through some things with school and ofcourse he does his silent bit. I learned a long time ago he will talk to me when he is ready, but its annoying waiting for him to express his feelings. And then when he does, he drops bomb shells and just walks away. He is one of those people that will just say stuff like " I have cancer, goodbye". No explanation , no lets discuss it , nothing. Its like , he says it , the world has ended and we are not going try to save it. And I hate that. but I deal. But what gets me is when I do give an opinion or even try to say..try it this way...he is up in arms about how I dont understand or will never get it. So I just listen...I sit and listen, but even when I sit and listen he thinks I dont care. There is no pleasing , so *shrugs* I ride it out.
I can see this is going be a long week , but I have made an "October/December Resolution" try to do the oposite of what I normally do. If I usually offer sage advice to the unenlightened...."do nothing..say nothing"....I am tired of repeating myself and doing the same thing over and over again. I am usually a "Fixer", I have a superhero complex that makes me think when I see something wrong I should swoop in and try and fix. But I have to realise alot of people dont appreciate my help....so I refuse to expend my energy where it is not wanted. If someone wants me, my opinion , or help or just want to talk.....I want to hear those words. I will do nothing until I hear those words..I dont care how fucking painful it is to say them. I am used to fighting..to being the active party...no more...I am going to be as Zen as Buddha...I am going with the flow. Picture me floating down stream...peaceful as can be (faceup people...I am floating faceup!)
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
3 comments:
I am definitely a problem solver... I am trying to learn that sometimes just want people to listen. I've been working on watching intently while people talk instead of interrupting with solutions. I've been working on first repeating back to them my understanding of their problem... but it's tough. I am soooo like, "ok, here's your answer, do it my way and it will be fixed" and then eager to move on to the next issue. I am also one who talks everything out with anyone and everyone who will listen (evidenced in my blog) and my husband would always do that whole keep it to himself deal... it drove me NUTS! And when he would talk... it was just to inform me, not to solicit my help. I think we have to meet people where they are, take care of them the way they want to take care of, not how we WANT to take care of them... but I definitely sympathize with you!
*hugs*
heather
and I love Grey's Anatomy too but always forget it's on!
LOL My husband wants me to listen to him and use to be work issues... but he don't like to listen to mine. lol We have been married little over 30 years so I have gotten use to it. Infact, I am getting more like him everyday and he is getting more like me.. too funny! lol My husband does not listen to me... like when I told him he was going to founder our little mare! Ugh! I think it is a MAN thing!! I am getting better but man! it has taken a long time. When it concerns me too... I usually say something! He gets ticked off.. but too bad. Hope things look a little better for you soon. Blessings, Janie
Men!!! You can't live with them, but you can't live without them. What to do? Rant here on your blog...we understand you.
Karen
Post a Comment