Friday, October 17, 2008

Looking forward to the weekend

I am sitting in bed at 9 30 am which is early for the night owl in me, reading the newspaper. Its been so long that I came out of the lil bubble I call my world to join the rest of human society. And I remembered why I like my world better...its a "nicer" place to dwell in. In between page 1-5 , I read about 2 shootings, the downward spiral of the economy, the rigged election (yes those are my words I am still bitter from the last one) and the descent of people's morals into hell (the crap people do for money is ridiculous).
I used to watch the news alot, read the newspaper everyday on my way to school but then I found myself becoming bitter...more angry and cynical about life. My "sunny" disposition was being chipped away by the constant absorption of negative energy. I like to be informed like the next man, but I also know my limits. I am an empath....every time I read or watch a tragedy I feel overwhelmed by sadness or grief and tears automatically start flowing. I start thinking of the loved ones that person has left behind, or the gap in someone's life that their death will create, or even how , if they are alive, will get over this tragedy. Its something I cant stop, I admit I am an emotional one...and because I know myself I know my limits in what I can and cant expose myself to. Anyway thats what I am doing up so early. My brother just called me to "check my pulse", I promptly said I was alive but its 9:30 in the am and I dont converse before breakfast. But I made an exception for him, he is leaving for Japan in 2 months and I must say..I will miss him. Even though he lives hundreds of mile away now, we still talk all the time. It wont be the same, and I know since he will be on a Ship most of the time and wouldnt be available when I need to vent to him about Life and family or share a quick laugh. He is still trying to talk me into getting a webcam, I will think about it....I know its a great way to keep in touch, but I am afraid one day I leave it on and I am changing my clothes and unbeknownst to me I am staring in my own "Paris Hilton type Movie" online. Those things are dangerous. And I just realised the clock on this blog thing is wrong....hmmm note to self.."change clock".
Anyway although I work tonight, I have the weekend off...or atleast part of it. I miss the weekends...I am still trying to find a schedule that really gives me enough time off to do what I need to do but yet also maximizes my pay check. Hopefully by the end of this month I find one that works for me. I realise some folks at work , work 4 to 5 days back to back on 12 hr shifts...I couldnt even do that if I was "uppers". Hell on my second day I am like.."this is bullshit, I miss my bed". On these work schedules you need breaks inbetween or you're just gonna get sick. And I want time off to enjoy life and do things.
I still want to hit up that local bookstore to sell these novels and buy a few others as well. I really like that store...its a great concept..huge inventory of old and new books. What I dislike about bigchain stores like B&N and Books a million..is that after a month or so they change their inventory and you cant find an older book by your favorite author...only their new stuff...and I get it..I know the reason why this is...but it sucks anyway. Wow I am talkative this morning arent I, especially for someone who hasnt had breakfast yet. I think its cause we were up most of the night. It has me energized. Anyway I am off to start breakfast and maybe do something outside of the house today...hmm who knows.

1 comment:

Janie said...

I can also be very emotional. :( My friend told me that paperback books are $10 now! Hope the weekend went well and you got to do something exciting. Janie