Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I am home...still have a long week ahead of me

Whew...to say the least its been a trying week...work has been very busy but today was the strangest of all....I actually found myself with "free time". At first I was baffled by the concept..lol...didnt know what to do...found myself making extra work for myself but the plus side about it...I got to come home ontime. Yesterday was also a busy day for the hospital as well, I heard there were guns pulled in the ER and they had to shut the thing down. Coming in last night I saw the news crews leaving and knew something was up. Even my usual entrance was locked. Security was very tight...lets see how long it lasts. Hell at NYU they have better security than at the hospital and they dont even carry guns. However if you ask where all the NYU security personnel come from 9/10 they are ex military or police. I remember thats the first thing I noticed while working there...to gain entry to and from the place is so ridiculously simple. They need to beef up their security.
Anyway it was a good night, however I ran out of uniforms and now I have to do laundry, even though I work tonight. I finally filled out my application for the Master's program and if all goes well I start at the end of this month. I am excited and my office is shaping up nicely.
I was having a conversation yesterday about my blog with a gf of mine and she asked me arent you afraid of it being read by everyone. And I immediately thought..."NO". Everything I speak about here I turn around and talk about it loudly. Just without so many F-bombs and I try to use my "Happy tone"..lol. I also thought...when this blog first started it was to be an outlet to vent my anger because before I didnt address what was bothering me head on. Now its just a place to talk about anything and everything...and since unlike her I dont care to pay a therapist to talk smack to...I have "Joe Public" to do so. I think when you have a place to share your feelings, whether its your best friends, spouse, therapist, parents or priest, it makes you a healthier person. It allows you to let go of the bad and focus on the good and wonderful. Like...you are loved and in love, you and your loved ones are healthy, happy and blessed. Cause some people arent that lucky. Some people are bitter, angry and miserable and they will try to bring that misery to your life just cause they see you are smiling. And truthfully when I see that...I think...I feel sorry for you...isnt that right Jenn?
smiles*

1 comment:

Janie said...

Good grief about the guns! Glad you filled out papers for a masters. My neighbor went back to college, got her master, and then taught at the college. LOL Yep! True about people putting you down when you are smiling. Hope you have a good week. Janie