Last night was indeed the strangest night of all....not only was it slow and I only had three patient's which is a first for me. I also prepared my first dead body. Although it wasnt one of my patients, I volunteered to do so cause I never didnt before...and eventually I knew I had to learn and this was the best time to do so. I was suprisingly poised about the whole thing...but also too excited..I was volunteering to put on the toe tag...one of the other nurses was laughing at me. But I also had a flash back from when my grandmother died....its strange now to be on the "Nursing" side of the entire scene.
Also a coworker and I at one point had the same number of patients and a new one was coming in. So we battled it out like grown people to see who would get to sit on their ass and relax a little longer....We played "Paper, Rock,Scissors" ..his suggestion though...unfortunately for him..I won! lol...He was not a happy camper after that. but we laughed about it later.
Another first was that I got to leave work 3 hours early ( I had the least amount of patients that night) ...not enough patient's so I happily turned over my folks to the other nurses and headed home. I also got to ride in a police car with the lights on...lol...no folks I wasnt in the back seat...I was getting a ride to my car. They escort you to your vehicle at times. I like that.....anyway the Cop was so cool he goes "want to see the lights"..and ofcourse...I am like a kid in a candy store checking out all the freaking buttons in the buttons.."Darn skippy I do!" I replied and the fun began. lol
By the time I hit the bed...I was too tired and happy to even replay the day to hubby....I will later...he will get a kick out fo the cop car..I know it.
Talk to you folks later...I am off to enjoy the weekend.
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
1 comment:
Hmmm That would be on the other side. lol That is great that they escort you to your car, being safe. Hope you are having a great weekend. Janie
Post a Comment