Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Oh Crap factor!!

So I being the night person I have now become it was a B for me to get up early this morning for an 8 am Mandatory meeting at work....especially when I went to bed @ 6am. No I wasnt working..at least not at work...I was taking care of things at home. And even though I set my alarm and said "I am only going rest my head a bit"...I woke up to the clock blinking 7:45am and my alarm "deafeningly silent"....damn that off button for being so near. And ofcourse on this "Oh sh*t factor" day I was having...the usually traffic-less Chattanooga was filled with drivers who wont move their asses.....and those who intended on stopping at every traffic light there was...and ofcourse for the speed demon clawing at me to release her from her cage....I had the pleasure Chattanooga's Finest patrolling around at this peak hour. I barely made it...and that "continental breakfast" they promised was just muffins and water...they need to work on that. But the good news was that I made it.
And also got flowers out of the deal...I think I am doing well dont you.lol
Anyway I was able to finish up the last of my files and clear my desk last night. That was a major plus for me.I have been working on clearing my desk for weeks...if not months...it feels good to have everything put away. Also finally stepped into the HR offices at work to ask about retirement plans and tuition reimbursement...and got the ball rolling. Feeling good about crossing these items off my list. Anyway I am off to be me and maybe prepare for the day tomorrow...I have the lunch part ready so....I am 80 percent there.

2 comments:

How I See It said...

Being 80% there is darn good!! Keep up the good work.
Karen

Janie said...

Ugh! I would not have wanted to go in for a 8 am appt.!! Wow! You sure did do good! Flowers sounds nice. 80% sounds good to me. Have a fun day. Janie