Friday, January 9, 2009

The Beach and Pajamas.

Yesterday I had an incredible urge to see the water. So I went to the beach.Its 49 degrees here but was so sunny and bright. It could have easily been mistaken for July if not for the winter coats. So I sat in the comfort of my warm car and stared at the water.
Then it hit me....I must live near the water. Probably not the beach....a lake is more than sufficient. The water was so calming and relaxing I almost fell asleep. But as I sat as stared I couldnt help but think...."WOW God is so incredible" Who else could have made the clouds, trees, lake, sand, grass so beautiful. Peacefully doesnt even begin to describe it. I wish I had a camera, but I was still in Pajama pants so that will tell you I wasnt prepared. I just came home from work that morning, took a shower and put them on and was out the door like I was dressed to impress. lol

Thats another thing...lately I have been living in these green pajama pants with bird prints. I had a nurse preceptor who told me when she is home she stays in her robe and only takes it off to pick up her kid. At the time I thought....thats depressing. But here I am on day 2 of my days off and I am still in my pajama pants. Now mind you I have left the house...which is the most embarrassing thing of all. Yesterday I looked like a green Leperchaun..I had on green top, green pajama pants and green sneakers. A site to be seen, but I didnt care...these damn pants are so darn comfy. As I told my hubby "keeps me warm when I want and cool when I need"...
He laughed @ me too. I used to laugh @ people who wear pajama pants out in public..but it seems I have lost my sense of shame. Ah well *shrugs*

Anyway I am going to take a shower and I promise I will not put on the pants today. Today I will look like I belong among people. lol who knows...

1 comment:

Janie said...

Hi... I thought only my grand-daughter wore them in public. Is that the going thing now?? lol I would stay in my house coat longer if my husband wasn't retired. I know that he thinks I am lazy when I don't get out of my house coat right a way. Have a great week and yes God is awsome!! Blessings, Janie