I know its been a while but I have two wacky stories to tell...
1st...so Day before new years eve Hubby and I went roller skating @ a local ring. If I havent told you this before....I am not a skater...infact that was the second time in my life...yes folks entire life I ever put on a pair of skates....The first time...well lets say I injured my partner so badly that I believe I may have single handedly ended his family's generation (my skates.. his balls ...you get the picture). Anyway so hubby and I went roller skating , jist of it I fell thrice, took out a five year old kid and concluded that I am a "carpet skater"....has more traction.
We had so much fun...even though I thoroughly embarrassed myself. And I injured hubby as well...mistakenly poked him in the eye...dont worry he is not blinded. But obviously my skating partners always get injured.
Anyway New Years eve we took our butts to the zoo , dollar Wednesdays, can you say I love discounts. I got to pet a pony...their hair isnt as soft as I thought it was but it didnt stink as much as I imagined.
That night we rang in the new year eating pizza in bed, drinking beer & watching movies on Netflix.com. I think it was the best new Year's ever.
We also slowed dance to SugarLand trying to figure what would be "our song"...but came to no conclusion cause he is too darn picky. But it felt great to just keep the world abay and just enjoy us.
Its been a while since we enjoyed us...I sometimes forget how good it feels.
My brother also left for Japan...I guess maybe it hasnt hit me yet or maybe we are so used to having our relationship via phone that I dont feel like he is "gone". Christmas was nice though...everyone enjoyed their presents...my nieces were freaking excited about their gifts...Madame "R" ( my 8 yr old cousin) loves her presents as well, but I can sense in her voice she is misssing me badly..and I have to admit..I kind of miss the Prissy lil brat myself (and I say this with love..I know my cousin and she is what I say she is).
My dad supposed to be coming back to NY from Trinidad this month...but I have to see it to believe it...My brother said he wasnt eating well or taking care of himself as he should...which is not suprising. My father play's Santa Clause to every Tom, DIck & Harry with their hands out and forgets he himself has no groceries in his own home. It kills me but like I told my mother two days ago..."Y'all giving me a headache, I am going back to sleep"..in other words...I am not in the right frame of mind to deal with this...I may curse someone out...so tell me nothing for a while. Sounds selfish yes...but sometimes you just have to let go and let things run its course without doing a thing.
Anyway I am going to sit down and pay some bills...gosh I hate this time of the month.
What I Ate Wednesday - Hattie B's Hot Chicken
7 years ago
2 comments:
Eating pizza in bed sounds fabulous! Back in the day I used to have my friends over and we'd set the pizza box in the dead center of my bed and pass around a bottle of cheap wine. Good times! Oh... and it was a water bed... which made balance tricky...
Happy New Year!
*hugs*
heather
Hi Jane, Don't feel bad... I have not felt like posting and haven't had the time. I am rushing when I have! lol I am not a skater either. :( Glad that you had a great time New Years. I took a nap... hope I don't do that all year long!!! lol Little girls are suppose to be prissy, aren't they?? lol No we can not change anyone, can we? Hard enough to change ourselves. :( If you are like me... blood is thicker than water.. I can say something about someone I love... but hey!! no one else can without me getting upset. lol Hope you have a great weekend and great week at work. Hate those bills... but I like what the money buys. lol God Bless, Janie
Post a Comment