Saturday, January 3, 2009

LAZY DAYS

Its so dark , rainy and gloomy outside.
My plans today was curl my hair (two hour job I am not looking forward to), do laundry (another 1.5 hour job I am not looking forward to) and be productive. So I decided to scrap all that crap....I am going do nothing...or atleast my version of nothing. I just put on some old reggae...old time Shaggy and decided to change up my office alittle. I need a little change. Ofcourse its really too small to change much but I think just moving to desk to another angle and moving the filing cabinet and maybe adding a plant or ornament will make it feel more refreshing.
In my defense though I did cook and clean the kitchen as well as living room. So I did do my share of "house work" for the day.
I finally had my nails done yesterday and shaved my legs....in the words of my significant other "Feel like a woman". And I realised sometimes the simpliest thing as shaving ur legs and putting on a fresh coat of nail polish on ur toes can make you feel a world better.
I also bought a storage bench to place @ the end of the bed. Very pretty tapestry fabric, I am using it mainly to store the electric blanket and other comforter.
Just spoke to my brother....his only compliant... "I just wish I knew what they were saying"....I suggested he get Rosetta Stone to learn Japanese...he suggested Japanese for Dummies....I said whatever works. His only friend is on vacation in Jamaica so I am sure when he comes back he will begin enjoying it more. I think its the fact that he is no longer the big man on campus as he was before that is bugging him.
Overall the day has been an interesting one...I concluded that I stand by my views of a Financial Warchest ( Go back a few posts)....I think it slowly breaks someone spirit to feel indebted to another person. I was listening to one of my girlfriends fight with her significant other..and it wasnt pretty...not at all. But I felt both of their pain and hurt and decided I will always instill in my children that Financial independence is important , not only for aquiring material things but more importantly to maintaining your spirit , your sanity. When someone throws back "what they have done for you" in you face at every argument or disagreement , I akin that to cutting you. Some things are priceless...and my sanity, pride and confidence are not things that can be bought. There are things people bring to a relationship that dont have a monetary value but should be appreciated as if it did. AOL was right.."Finances are the number one cause of couples breaking up"...damn that article!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Hmmm must be the weather! lol I almost did the same thing! House looks like 2 tornados went through it and I am re-doing my bathroom. lol For the life of me I can not grow nice fingernails!! If I can not grow fingernails... why worry about the toenails. hehe

Hmmm my husband use to throw it up to me that everything was his until about 5 years ago! I finally had enough and told him let's get a divorce, have a auction sale, and go different ways. He said he was not getting a divorce and NOT LEAVING!! lol I asked what he thought he was going to do... stay here... I don't think so! While I am at it I will take half of your retirement too! In Kansas a woman gets half of everything! I said OK we will live here.. you go your way... I will go my way. lol He did not like the idea of me going my way. lol He has not mentioned it since! lol I think the reason it worked was because he knew that for the first time... I meant what I said. I agree that women should have a nest egg. I have one and he does not even know it. What he does not know does not hurt him. Men seem to make it on their own better than a woman, am I right? Hope you have a great week. Blessings, Janie