I was supposed to study today...so far I havent. I am bit burnt out...probably will later but right now I just want to watch tv. I just finished watching one of my favorite movies of all time, "9 1/2 weeks" with Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke. In this movie Mickey has never looked as sexy as he did here. I mean the man had an air of danger around him that made you wish he would dress you like a man and have his way with you in a dark alley like he did Kim. However my only dislike about the movie was that they didnt last. He wouldnt give too much of himself and she gave all of herself and expected he do the same. But I guess it couldnt last...how could they....they were having too much fun.
Makes you wonder...if I was Kim Basinger would I have walked away. Probably yes. Even though this man showered her with gifts, made her breakfast everyday and sent flowers every week. He wouldnt meet her friends. I know it sounds so simple , so silly...but its a profound statement. He said " I will cook for you, feed you, cloth you, bath you and dress you ....you can be with your friends in the day...but at night I only ask that you are mine."
Wow....he is saying I will attend to all your basic needs but emotionally we will still have a gap between us. I was just mulling that over. If I had a guy like Mickey I know I wouldnt know what to do with him. I would be too confused as to how to act. Kim , in this movie, was so open to this man it was painful to watch. I know my own personality would not allow me to do things so unquestionally. I realise that I do like to control. But I crave at times to be like Kim....bathed, clothed, feed and all without lifted a finger. But I dont know if I would crawl on my hands and knees....would I give up that much control...power to someone. I want to...just once. I just hope it wouldnt be the last thing I do. lol
Anyway enough about 9 1/2 weeks.
Janie thanks for the encouragement I needed that. For now I think I will do like the song says...and just "stand "...and do nothing, it will be taken care of
1 comment:
I have not seen the movie. Hubby watches westerns and etc. I let him watch TV. lol I like to be in control. lol Lot of things I would not do. lol Hope things go well for you and you get that home work done! lol Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment