Everyone is congratulating me...and I am happy...estactic but most of all relieved. However the question comes up after the congratulations..."so what are you going do now". I know I have all these plans...liscence to turn over, apt to rent, moving expenses to calculate and all that inbetween important stuff. But u know for now I just want to enjoy the feeling of its over. Just for a couple of days...I have everything infront of me...a list that runs like two pages long. But for now I just want to be.
I am not procastinating or even contemplating not moving forward with my plans...infact I am excited....unbelievably excited about the "newness"...the idea of starting afresh. I just want to take my time to get everything right. I have so many things here to wrap up , it feels good to just relax and not think about those things for now, atleast for the weekend.
And even though I am excited about leaving...I am also sad. I will miss my friends...my family...NY in general. I will miss it, all of it.
You know it reminds me of when I left Trinidad...I lived there all my life but I didnt once regret leaving. Sure at first I missed my friends, I was heart sick about long lost loves and I even missed my closet....yeah even back then I had a thing for closets. But after returning after two years of absence...I realised NY was my home now. I think it will be like that too. I will get so accustom to it...ofcourse this will be after the initial mourning period....there is always a mourning period for the lost of the familiar.
I am lucky that I get to experience different lifestyles...Caribbean life, Urban fast pace and now Southern comfort. Maybe in a few years I will experience other places...like the European, Austrailia , Asia. I have lots of plans...but for now..I just want to enjoy the feeling of no pressure.....enjoy the feeling of doing nothing..atleast for today
1 comment:
I feel like it is a good idea to not be in any hurry. Even one day can make a difference in our choices. :-) Agree with you about the things that are familiar.. makes us feel more safe... right? lol Sometimes our worse enemy. lmbo Have a peaceful and relaxed day... you deserve it... and congratulations! Blessings, Janie
Post a Comment