its been a long day...but I survived it like the true Diva I am..lol...just kidding
But I did strut like I told you I would. Today I picked up my cap, gown and tickets for the big graduation ceremony and to make things even more special I personally picked up my Degree from the Registrar's office. I felt like a GRADUATE. I wanted to celebrate ...so I took myself out to a late lunch at this nice resturant I keep passing all the time but been meaning to try out. Looks like a great after-work , jazz lounge...very afrocentric. I think I will try it again...food wasnt bad either but I think its the ambience that got me. Then I later took my mother to dinner to celebrate.
It felt great. I am looking forward to actually walking down that aisle to Pomp and Circumstance. NYU is also having a party to celebrate the day before the graduation...and I am going...I am going to dance...paint my face and get fake tattooes....no I am not kidding . The event has Face painting, a Tattoo Palor, Hayrides, Games, Dunk Tank , DJ Dancing and a Dixi Band....yeah I laughed @ the last one too. But I decided I am only going to get this once...so I am going to forego the usual crap and actually party. They also have fireworks @ the end...and an EMS oncall....that might be needed. lol
I cant wait...
But yes...today I struted..and although it took me two hours to actually get out the house...everything that could go wrong did. I made it out and about.
Yea for Jane!
night Ya'll (thats me getting my accent ready for the Hayride...lol)
1 comment:
I agree... only time to do this! You deserve it! Glad you had dinner with your mom... bet she really enjoyed herself. Have fun at the dance and hay rack ride.. as we call it in Kansas and Oklahoma. lol Blessings and congratulations. Janie
Post a Comment