Monday, May 12, 2008

dont u hate it

Dont u hate it when you are reading a good book and someone interrupts you. If you are like me who has a "small" addiction to romance novels...when someone wants to continue a conversation with you while you are in  the middle of the steamiest sex scene ever its hard  to concentrate. Firstly you begin to think..."how do I get rid of this person as fast and tactfully as I can"...then when they fail to heed your hints ...your thoughts run to "how quickly can I kill them and dispose of their body".

I had one instance where I had to basically pretend I was deaf and throw up signs (this was before I learned sign language) to get rid of this one person who was determined to make me meet his mother before he knew my name.

But it never fails that all throughout my reading of the book as soon as a reach the sex part someone interrupts me. I cant remember a time this never happened. I will be in a bathroom stall at work (ofcourse hiding away from my work responsibilities under the disguise of "body needs") and soon as I reach to the good part..some hussy decides she must potty too!

Or I can be in bed laying down on a peaceful weekend and my interrupted day would be marred by the calling of my name.  What is it!....do people sense that I am about to get my "mental groove on". 

anyway thats my rant for the day

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I use to read romance books.. then got off of them. lol Maybe it comes with age. lol My big thing now is when I am trying to get something done and the phone rings! Ugh! I hate to run around trying to do house work with the phone stuck to my ear! lol Hope you have a peaceful week. Janie